2015 Winners Announced
Brought to you by the publishers of FierceHealthPayer and FierceHealthcare, the Fierce Innovation Awards: Payer Edition will identify and showcase the outstanding technologies, tools and programs that are driving improvements and transforming the marketplace.
Our judges have reviewed all submissions and determined which have the potential to make the greatest impact on the payer industry.
Winners were announced on December 16 during a live webcast. A complete list of winners may be found below.
Download the 2015 Fierce Innovation Report: Health Payer Edition.
The goal of this our awards program is three-pronged:
- To promote the competitive spirit and initiative that spurs the development and implementation of game-changing services, technologies and solutions.
- To identify and reward the most evolutionary and “fierce” technologies and services that have the power to transform the payer landscape.
- To provide an arena where the best and most innovative solutions providers can have their technologies and services reviewed by coveted end-users and decision-makers.
There is no better way to identify the best new innovations than to put judgment in the hands of the organization leaders who will deploy them. Fierce has lined up an all-star cast of payer executives and decision-makers to serve as judges.
Congratulations to our winners!
Click here to download the 2015 Health Payer Innovation Report.
With so many vendors crowding the space today, health plan decision-makers are forced to wade through a crowded field of vendors before making a confident buying decision. Participating in the Fierce Innovation Awards can help push your company to the top of their list of potential vendors.
Your products will be judged by a panel of executives and decision-makers from some of the nation’s top health insurers. Your company and its winning solution will be showcased to the 150,000+ influencers and decision-makers who read and trust FierceHealthPayer and its family of healthcare publications.
Enter your solution or service into one, or multiple, categories. Judges will score each entry on a 1-5 scale to identify the top solution in each of the following categories. In addition, we’ll recognize three “Best in Show” winners from among all entries, based on the entry’s ability to save money, engage members or revolutionize the industry.
- Customer Engagement/Member Health: Consumers are no longer relying on employers to select their health plans. Now they’re making coverage decisions on their own, leaving payers scrambling to seek new ways to engage this wide open market. At the same time, payers are seeking tools that promote behavioral changes, enhance communication and improve health literacy. Solutions suitable for this category include fitness/wellness tools, retail solutions, transparency solutions, care management solutions, education tools, and social engagement tools.
- Data Analytics/Business Intelligence: Innovative data analytics tools enable health payer organizations to maximize performance, improve member health and bolster efficiencies through smarter management of resources, risk assessment, quality measurement, clinical resources and predictive modeling. Solutions in this category will bring actionable information directly to users by either enabling the wide dissemination of clinical, financial or operational data, or helping them make sense of it.
- Digital Solutions: Smartphones and tablets have created an intense and perpetual demand for innovative apps, solutions and services designed to engage and educate members, save money, and enable information sharing among providers, payers and members alike. Examples of solutions suitable for this category include mobile apps, telehealth platforms, cloud storage/computing, website development and IT platforms.
- Fraud and Abuse Detection/Prevention: False and intentionally inaccurate claims cost the industry billions of dollars each year. Cauterizing the loss requires pre- and post-payment tools designed to detect and prevent fraud and abuse. Examples of solutions suitable for this category include analytics, case management and predictive modeling tools specifically designed to detect fraudulent and/or abusive billing patterns.
- Financial/Operational Solutions: Health plans in the post-reform era are seeking new ways to streamline their operations, upgrade legacy systems and increase efficiencies. Solutions suitable for this category include network design, administrative services and solutions that address billing/payment, transparency, financial, ICD-10/coding, auditing and legal/compliance challenges.
- Privacy & Security: Increased reliance on cloud information storage brings greater risk of privacy breaches and new cybersecurity threats. Payers are particularly vulnerable to data breaches, given the value of the sensitive information they possess. Solutions submitted in this category may include encryption services, risk assessment, training and education and other tools specifically designed to protect patient privacy and reduce security threats.
To be eligible to enter, your solution must address a specific need faced by health payer organizations.
How your entries will be scored
Judges will score your submissions, using a scale of 1-5, in each of the areas below.
- Technology Innovation: Is the technology itself innovative or used in an exciting, innovative way? To what degree does it involve truly new techniques or methodologies?
- Financial Impact/Value: Does this product enable new revenue opportunities or greatly enhanced cost savings? Can it fundamentally enhance one or more operational areas? Does it streamline workflow in a way that would lead to new operational efficiencies? Can it yield measurable cost savings?
- Competitive Advantage: Can this product or solution deliver a genuine, defined and identifiable competitive advantage? Does it offer distinct, game-changing advantages over other products or solutions in the marketplace?
- Member Experience/Member Outcomes: Does this product improve the member experience? Does it have the potential to improve members’ health and engagement in their own wellness?
- Market Need: Would judges consider using this solution or service in their own health payer organization? Do current market conditions support a need for this type of product?
- Overall Fierceness and Innovation: Is this product truly cutting-edge? Is it a game-changer for the market segments it would impact or organizations that would use it?
Best in Show
All of the category winners will be eligible for our three "Best in Show" honors.
- Fiercest Cost-Saving Solution: The solution capable of delivering the most dramatic savings.
- Fiercest Engagement Solution: The solution most likely to engage members and impact their behavior and/or health literacy.
- Fiercest New Product/Service: The most innovative product among all entries.
Submissions will be judged by a distinguished panel of third-party executives from major health plan organizations. Submissions will be blind and will not be reviewed by members of the Fierce editorial team.
Victoria Bogatyrenko serves as vice president, Consumer Strategies, of UnitedHealthcare Community & State, the nation’s largest provider of health benefits for Medicaid beneficiaries. In this role, she leads the development and implementation of the organization’s consumer strategy to create experiences that will meet the needs and preferences of this diverse population. Since joining UnitedHealthcare in 2000, Ms. Bogatyrenko has held varies roles across the organization. She joined the company as vice president, Network Management, of UnitedHealthcare’s New York Tri-State health plan, and later served as executive director for that market. She also led multiple programs in UnitedHealthcare’s national employer division.Prior to joining UnitedHealthcare, Ms. Bogatyrenko held positions in health care management and finance at Oxford Health Plans, Deloitte and Touche Healthcare Consulting, Lehman Brothers and Chemical Banking Corp. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Middlebury College and an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania.
Terry Booker is vice president of corporate and business development at Independence Blue Cross (IBC). In this position, he is responsible for growing IBC’s core businesses in commercial, individual, Medicare, and Medicaid business lines. Booker also oversees IBC’s corporate growth through diversification efforts that include acquisitions, partnerships, affiliations, and development of new companies. Booker has extensive experience with business development for large private sector companies and government entities from leadership positions with Fortune 500 companies and small businesses. Prior to joining IBC, Booker served as vice president and head of business development for Grain Communications Group, Inc. a company that builds, owns, and operates wireless communication towers for federal, state, and local government agencies. Booker was the founder and managing partner of Axis Partners LLC, a business development advisory practice that provides services to small corporations as well as governmental and nonprofit entities. Booker graduated with a bachelor of science in economics with a dual concentration in entrepreneurial management and marketing from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Deborah Gordon, an expert in healthcare innovation and consumerism, is CEO of Voxent, a technology organization supporting reproductive health providers nationwide. Deb was previously chief marketing officer at Network Health, a nationally ranked Medicaid plan, leading marketing/communications, business development, and product management. Deb traveled in Australasia exploring consumer empowerment as one of nine 2013 USA Eisenhower Fellows, and was a 2011 Boston Business Journal “40 Under 40” honoree. She has written for Harvard Business Review online, and served on Marketing Health Services’ Editorial Board, FierceHealthPayer’s Advisory Board, Massachusetts’ Choosing Wisely campaign, and Family Services of Greater Boston Board of Trustees. Deb earned a BA in Bioethics from Brown University and an MBA with distinction from Harvard Business School.
Shaun graduated from West Point with honors and was commissioned an infantry officer in the U.S. Army. He earned his airborne ranger qualifications and served a tour with the 25th Infantry Division in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. After resigning his commission, he attended Harvard Business School, and earned his M.B.A. He took a position with Deloitte Consulting working in operations and logistics in diverse industries from retail to health care. After consulting, he assumed positions of increasing responsibility managing P&Ls, operations, and logistics. He worked extensively in the insurance sector, in three successful start-ups, including VP of Medicare at eHealthInsurance.
Jennifer Malin, M.D., Ph.D., is staff VP for clinical strategy at Anthem, Inc. In this role, she provides clinical leadership for the enterprise strategy to improve the health and outcomes of Anthem members, with a focus on oncology, maternity and infant health, and behavioral health. After graduating from Harvard University, Dr. Malin received her medical degree and doctorate in public health from UCLA. She is board certified in internal medicine and medical oncology. An Associate Professor of Medicine at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, she is the author of more than 90 peer-reviewed articles and is widely recognized for her research on the quality of cancer care. She has served on a number of advisory boards and national committees, including the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s Quality of Care Committee and the National Quality Forum’s Cancer Steering Committee. Dr. Malin continues her clinical practice by volunteering at the Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Health Care System.
Julie is an experienced business executive with over 20 years in healthcare. Her focus has been in research, analysis, outcomes data science and data analytics. She has lead research and analytical organizations including teams at the University of Illinois’ School of Public Health and the enterprise analytics organization at CVS Caremark. At Hewitt she partnered with Fortune 100 companies as the national expert for clinical analytics and health outcomes. She is considered an expert on utilization management, medication adherence, health and wellness strategy & design, and implementations of these and related programs for health plans and employers. At eviCore as the Chief analytics officer, she leads the analytics organization focusing on building foundational data for self-service tools, data science, predictive modeling and analytic strategy.
Live Awards Webcast & Innovation Report
Winners will be announced on Monday, December 16, 2015 at 2PM ET. The finalists, category and Best in Show winners will all be recognized. Best in Show winners will also have the opportunity to speak during the webcast. Members of the press are strongly encouraged to attend, as they will hear directly from the winners about innovative solutions and technologies that will transform the healthcare landscape. To register for the live webcast please click here.
The Innovation Report is a companion publication to the awards program that will publish the same day of our live webcast, December 16, 2015. This companion publication to the Fierce Innovation Awards highlights some of the most vexing challenges, promising technologies and transformative solutions that are advancing the industry. The Innovation Report also serves as a gateway for Fierce readers to learn more about the companies selected by our judging panel of health plan executives as the best and brightest pioneers in the industry. Please visit our Pricing page to learn more.
Any company that has a healthcare technology product, solution or service that addresses a specific need or challenge faced by health payer organizations.
When is the application deadline?
Friday, October 9, 2015 at 11:59 PM ET
Visit our Categories page for descriptions of each category. If you still can’t decide, feel free to contact us and we can help you figure out which category or categories are the best fit for your product, solution or service.
Visit the Apply Now! page to submit your application. You'll need to provide us with your contact information, a Microsoft Word file of your application containing your company name, company website, product name, company overview (150 words maximum), product description (500 words maximum), an explanation of the real world application of your product (500 words maximum), an .EPS file of your company logo, and payment via credit card.
You will receive an email confirming that your submission was successful. If you have issues submitting your application, please contact us.
The cost to submit a single application is $500. Applicants also have the opportunity to purchase advertising in our Innovation Report (a report that will examine the most important forces guiding power innovation as well as recognize finalists, category and Best in Show winners). Advertising opportunities include directory listings, full page advertisements, and thought leadership articles. All pricing information can be found on our Pricing page.
You can pay for your application using a credit card at the time of submission.
Each application will be reviewed by multiple judges against a set of criteria designed to evaluate the product’s ability to make a positive, innovative, real world impact for hospitals/hospital systems, physician group practices and payers/insurers.
Best in Show winners are selected from category winners. Each category winner’s application is resubmitted to the judges who then select the most impressive cost saver, the best patient engagement solution and the most innovative product overall.
Yes, judges will supply comments and feedback on your submission.
Finalists will be notified via email on Tuesday, November 10, 2015.
Winners will be announced during a live webcast on Monday, December 14, 2015 at 2PM ET. Finalists, category and Best in Show winners will all be recognized. Best in Show winners will also have the opportunity to speak during the webcast.
Immediately following the live webcast our Innovation Report will be available for download. The Innovation Report will also recognize the finalists, category and Best in Show winners.
The Innovation Report is a companion publication to the awards program. This report will highlight some of the most vexing challenges, promising technologies and transformative solutions that are advancing the industry. The Innovation Report also serves as a gateway for Fierce readers to learn more about the companies selected by our judging panel of health plan executives as the best and brightest pioneers in the industry.
There are also advertising opportunities available within the report including full page ads, thought leadership articles, and directory listings. Please visit our Pricing page to learn more.
If we have not addressed your question or if you need additional information, please contact us.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. You can expect a reply within 24 hours. If you don't receive one, please contact 202-496-5549.